gc1
gc2

   The College started out as Yundum Teacher’s College in 1952, and became Yundum College in 1955 as its scope expanded. In 1978, the then Gambia School of Nursing and Midwifery, the School of Agriculture and the school of Public Health were merged with Yundum Teacher Training College to form the new Gambia College, by an Act of Parliament. The merger meant the College had to operate from two campuses, as the School of Nursing and Midwifery operated from Banjul near the main hospital, and the Schools of Agriculture, Education and Public Health were located at the campus in Brikama, built to its present form in 1981. The college is now part of the University of The Gambia, and its Brikama campus is host to the main administration offices of the university.

Other Details

Type of Organisation / Business:
Public Company
Founded By:
STATE OF THE GAMBIA on 1 January 1978
Key People:
MMr. Abubacarr Jallow - Principal
Ms Isatou Ndow - Vice- Principal

Office Location