Reference Number: none
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Reporting to the Policy Advisor, Women's Economic Empowerment, the Programme Associate works with and provides support to the members of the Policy team in the development and implementation of effective programmes consistent with UN Women rules and regulations. S/he contributes to research, financial management, and programme implementation including providing necessary operational, administrative and programmatic support. The Programme Associate works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and projects’ staff in the COs and UN Women HQ as required for resolving complex finance-related issues and exchange of information.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide administrative and logistical support to the formulation and management of programmes:
· Provide administrative support in the preparation of programme work plans, budgets, and proposals on programme implementation arrangements;
· Provide technical guidance to the country offices and executing agencies on routine delivery and reporting of programme supported activities and finances;
· Prepare information for the audit of programmes/ projects and support implementation of audit recommendations;
· Review programme data from programmes/ projects for the RO website;
· Identify sources, and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, speeches and position papers.
Provide administrative support to the financial management of the Policy Unit:
Create projects in Atlas, prepare budget revisions, revise project awards and status; and determine unutilized funds and the operational and financial close of a project;
· Provide administrative support in monitoring budget preparation and the finances of programmes/projects;
· Review financial reports; prepare non-PO vouchers for development projects;
· Process payment for consultants;
· Maintain internal expenditures control system;
· Create requisitions in Atlas for development projects; register good receipts in Atlas;
· Assist in the preparation and follow up of cost-recovery bills in Atlas.
Provide administrative support to the Policy Unit:
· Undertake all logistical, administrative and financial arrangements for organization for meetings, workshops, events, and missions;
· Make travel arrangements for the Policy team, including travel requisitions and claims;
· Prepare public information materials and briefing packets;
· Assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations;
· Provide guidance and training to Programme Assistants as needed.
Provide administrative support to Resource Mobilization:
· Prepare cost-sharing and other agreements; follow up on contributions within the COs' resource mobilization efforts;
· Organize, compile and process information from donors, Regional Office, and policy team, as inputs to various databases and documents.
Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing:
· Support synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices related to programme management and finance;
· Provide administrative support to the organization of training for the office staff and partners on programme and operations related issues.
- Job Type:
- Job Location:
- Job Level:
- Contract Type:
- Qualifications Required:
:Completion of secondary education required.
• University degree or equivalent in Business or Public Administration is an asset.
• Demonstrate informed and transparent decision making.
- Experience Required:
- Education and certification:
• A minimum of 6 years of administrative experience preferably in a large or international corporation or organization.
• Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages, experience in ATLAS is an asset.
• Experience in supporting a team.
- Person Specifications:
- Core values;
• Demonstrate consistency in upholding and promoting the values of UN Women in actions and decisions, in line with the UN Code of Conduct.
• Demonstrate professional competence and expert knowledge of the pertinent substantive areas of work.
Respect for Diversity:
• Demonstrate an appreciation of the multicultural nature of the organization and the diversity of its staff. Demonstrate an international outlook, appreciating difference in values and learning from cultural diversity.
Ethics and Values:
• Demonstrate and safeguard ethics and integrity.
• Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment.
Development and Innovation:
• Take charge of self-development and take initiative.
Work in teams:
• Demonstrate ability to work in a multicultural, multi ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Communicating and Information Sharing:
• Facilitate and encourage open communication and strive for effective communication.
Self-management and Emotional Intelligence:
• Stay composed and positive even in difficult moments, handle tense situations with diplomacy and tact, and have a consistent behavior towards others.
• Surface conflicts and address them proactively acknowledging different feelings and views and directing energy towards a mutually acceptable solution.
Continuous Learning and Knowledge Sharing:
• Encourage learning and sharing of knowledge
Appropriate and Transparent Decision Making
.Demonstrate informed and transparent decision making.
- Equal Opportunity
- Additional Information:
- Starting Date: 02 April 2018
- Published Date:
- 13 February 2018 @ 00:00
- Application Close Date:
- 22 February 2018 @ 00:00 Apply Now