Palm Oil

Oil Palm is important both as a food crop and for commercial applications ranging from soaps and cosmetics to candles and biodiesel.

Our Oil Palm Business

Agro, Inc. aspires to remain a leader in the oil palm industry in Liberia. As part of a fully integrated production chain from seedlings to finished product, our plantation business has shown strong growth in a short span. Between 2006 and 2007, Agro acquired an additional 4 oil palm estates in Cinta, Weala, Sanoyea, and Suakoko. Since then, the plantations and social infrastructure have been rehabilitated and old plantings have been replanted with high yielding planting material.

Two oil palm milling sites process Agro's plantation produce and will be scaled up as new plantings begin to yield. Approximately 68% of the Agro's oil palm plantation holdings are in Margibi County with the remaining 32% in Bong County. Productive capacity from currently planted oil palm crops - excluding new acquisitions - is expected to reach 34,950 tons of fresh fruit bunches yielding approximately 7,600 tons of crude palm oil (CPO) per year by 2010.

Agro Inc has developed an out-grower program around our nucleus oil palm estates. In 2009, our firm will distribute 54,000 high-yield seedlings to small-holder farmers in Bong County alone. Following our intra-regional marketing model, we supply our oil palm end products to buyers in the ECOWAS and the greater Africa markets.

 

Oil Palm is important both as a food crop and for commercial applications ranging from soaps and cosmetics to candles and biodiesel.

Our Oil Palm Business

Agro, Inc. aspires to remain a leader in the oil palm industry in Liberia. As part of a fully integrated production chain from seedlings to finished product, our plantation business has shown strong growth in a short span. Between 2006 and 2007, Agro acquired an additional 4 oil palm estates in Cinta, Weala, Sanoyea, and Suakoko. Since then, the plantations and social infrastructure have been rehabilitated and old plantings have been replanted with high yielding planting material.

Two oil palm milling sites process Agro's plantation produce and will be scaled up as new plantings begin to yield. Approximately 68% of the Agro's oil palm plantation holdings are in Margibi County with the remaining 32% in Bong County. Productive capacity from currently planted oil palm crops - excluding new acquisitions - is expected to reach 34,950 tons of fresh fruit bunches yielding approximately 7,600 tons of crude palm oil (CPO) per year by 2010.

Agro Inc has developed an out-grower program around our nucleus oil palm estates. In 2009, our firm will distribute 54,000 high-yield seedlings to small-holder farmers in Bong County alone. Following our intra-regional marketing model, we supply our oil palm end products to buyers in the ECOWAS and the greater Africa markets.